Revised May 9, 2015
- What information does the Site gather and/or track about you?
When you visit the Site, there are two types of identifiable information you might provide to us: (A) information that you share, and (B) website use information collected by us.
- Shared Information. IAReporter collects certain information from you or your subscribing organization (together, “you”) that you provide when you purchase a subscription or register for email alerts, such as your name, email address, IP address (if using of IP-recognition access to the website), telephone number, and geographic address.
- Website Use Information. In addition to Shared Information, the Site gathers other website usage information that may be used by IAReporter or shared with third parties as described below. This information may be helpful, for example, for improving the services we offer or for offering products or services to you. Generally this information is collected through traffic data reports and may entail the use of “cookies,” “beacons,” “IP addresses,” or other numeric codes used to identify a computer and/or a computer user. For subscribers, site usage is tied to a unique ID/password and/or their IP addresses/ranges.
- Cookies and beacons are pieces of data stored on the user’s computer. You can refuse most cookies by turning them off in your browser, and you can also set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies. To enhance your experience, the Site employs cookies to recognize you and to simplify your access privileges on the Site, as well as to track usage of the Site. We also contract with certain third-party vendors to provide us with data collection and reporting regarding our users’ activities on the Site – e., “traffic analysis.” Users who do not accept cookies from the Site may not be able to access the Site.
- IP Addresses and Log Files: The Site also logs IP addresses for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (Your IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. It is not necessarily a unique personal identifier. However, if you or your organization have previously furnished us with your IP addresses or IP ranges so as to allow for IP-based auto-login, then your IP address will be identifiable whenever you login to our site. Similarly, actual subscribers to our website will be identifiable once they login into the website.)
- How can you “opt out” of providing personally identifying information?
- What does the Site do with the information it gathers and/or tracks?
- Providing services to you. We use collected information to provide you with news and related content, including as described in Paragraph 4.
- Usage Analysis. IAReporter and its agents may analyze user behavior to measure usage and interest in the various areas of the Site, including for e.g. search terms, page-views, and time spent on site
- E-mail: IAReporter may contact you, including to send you information about the Site or its services.
- With whom does the Site share the information it gathers?
IAReporter may share the information it gathers with its third party contractors and agents, such as its website developers, data storage providers, subscription management contractors, payment processors, or similar third parties. As described below, IAReporter takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect financial and other sensitive data, including in its selection of contractors. We may share account usage data with the administrator, librarian or other decision-makers of a subscribing institution, as such persons often request more detailed information about institutional usage for purposes of assessing the ongoing value of the subscription. IAReporter may share all information it gathers with actual or potential successors and, if IAReporter is bought by another company, the personal information it has collected will be one of the assets transferred. We may share information about you if sought by legal process or requested by law enforcement, or in order to protect the rights and property of IAReporter or the safety of our users or the public, or to protect against unauthorized use of the Site.
We reserve the right share limited information – name, company name, email address, mailing address and telephone number – with reputable organizations for the purposes of permitting those organizations to contact you about their products or services.
6. Cancellations and Refunds