Agence France Presse, Oct. 16, 2010
Investment Arbitration Reporter regularly breaks stories that don’t appear anywhere else. One measure of our influence is the frequency with which our reports are cited by name in the mainstream and financial media. Some recent citations appear below.
- Bloomberg News cites IAReporter in a feature article on allegations of arbitrator-bias in investment treaty arbitration: “Treaty Disputes Roiled by Bias Charges“, July 10, 2013
- The Wall Street Journal cited IAReporter’s breaking news on an ICSID arbitration filed by the Chinese financial services company, Ping An, against the Kingdom of Belgium: “Ping An Files Claim Over Fortis Loss“, September 25, 2012
- The Financial Times reported on IAReporter’s breaking news about an ICSID arbitration filed by the Chinese financial services company, Ping An, against the Kingdom of Belgium: “Ping An in arbitration claim over Fortis”, September 24, 2012
- Reuters picked up on IAReporter’s revelation that Spanish telecoms giant Telefonica had filed for arbitration against the Government of Mexico under the Spain-Mexico bilateral investment treaty: “Telefonica seeks $1 bln from Mexico over phone fees”, June 27, 2012
- The Toronto Globe and Mail picked up on our report about a new NAFTA Chapter 11 arbitration ruling in the claim by Exxon-Mobil and Murphy Oil against the Government of Canada: “Canada loses NAFTA battle to Exxon”, June 1, 2012
- The Toronto Star interviewed IAReporter Editor Luke Peterson as part of its story on a new NAFTA Chapter 11 arbitration claim by a Canadian pharmaceutical company against the United States Government: “Apotex Drug Maker sues U.S. for $520 Million under NAFTA”, March 14, 2012.
- The Toronto Globe and Mail picked up on our scoop about the quiet conclusion of a NAFTA arbitration brought by a U.S. investor against the Government of Canada: “Canada wins NAFTA dispute over Ontario mine dump”, October 11, 2011.
- The Financial Times in an August, 2011 blog posting cites IAReporter’s scoop about a new ruling against Argentina at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- The Prague Post, in a June 8, 2011 news report, interviews IAReporter Editor Luke Peterson for analysis of the Czech Republic’s efforts to fight the seizure of various Czech artworks in a long-running dispute over an arbitration award: “Priceless works of art seized”, June 8, 2011
- Agence France Presse cites IAReporter’s breaking news report about the Republic of Georgia’s arrest of a pair of foreign investors in a dispute over payment of an arbitral award and allegations of bribery: “Georgia detains Israelis for alleged 7 Mil Dollar bribe offer”, AFP, October 16, 2010
- The Guardian (UK) cites Investment Arbitration Reporter in an opinion-column on a pending arbitration between a US mining corporation and El Salvador: “Stop private firms exploiting poor states”, by Kevin Gallagher, February 5, 2010
- The Financial Times quotes Investment Arbitration Reporter in a news item on the proliferation of arbitrations between Western European companies and Eastern European governments: “Sour aftertaste for deal sweeteners”, By Stanley Pignal and Nikki Tait, June 23, 2009
- The Economist quotes Investment Arbitration Reporter in a feature article on the battle over transparency in investor-state arbitration: “Investment, arbitration, and secrecy: Behind closed doors”, April 23, 2009
- The Financial Times quotes Investment Arbitration Reporter in a report on a Billion Dollar arbitration mounted against the Government of Germany by a Swedish power company: “Germany faces action over power plant”, By Chris Bryant, April 7, 2009